||A North Carolina 501C3 Educational Nonprofit Archive Documenting, Preserving, and Promoting Residential Modernist Architecture|
Enjoy browsing, but unless otherwise noted, these houses are private property and closed to the public -- so don't go tromping around uninvited.
LAWRENCE (LARRY) JAMES TRABER (1935-)
Born in Gainesville GA, he graduated from Lee H. Edwards HS in Asheville. He attended two years at Duke pre-med then five years at the NCSU School of Design, graduating in 1962.
While there, he interned for John Latimerone summer in Durham and another summer with Ned Whitmire in Asheville. He moved to California in 1962 and worked for Luckman Associates then a larger firm called DMJM in Los Angeles. He returned to Asheville in 1963 to work for Charlie Sappenfield then went on his own in 1965.
1965 - The Lawrence (Larry) Traber House, 13 Horizon Hill Road, Asheville NC. This was his first house in private practice. Sold to Michael and Celine Lurey. Sold to Howard and Helen Campbell. Sold to Judy Daniel. Sold in 2014 to Anne V. Winter and Thomas H. (Tobey) Pierce.
1965 - The Millicent W. and Don R. Printz House, 24 Amherst Road, Asheville NC. Sold in 1970 to Catherine M. Wilson. Sold in 2014 to Karen D. Calhoun.
1966 - The David and Thorunn K. Ivey House, 5 Brookside Road, Biltmore Forest NC.
1968 - The Alexander and Dorothy Maitland III House, 38 Sunset Summit Drive, Asheville NC. Deeded in 2008 to Alexander and Susan Maitland iV. Sold in 2008 to John A. Hepler.
1977 - The Henry White House, 115 Stuyvestant Road, Asheville NC. Sold to Nancy B. Ferguson. Sold in 2014 to Eileen Schwartz and Edward Zilewicz.
1978 - The Grace E. and Darryl Unruh House. 44 Westhaven Drive, Asheville NC. Deeded in 2001 to the Grace T. Unruh Trust. Sold in 2016 to Karen K. and Daniel G. Nasser.
1991 - The Mickey and Karen (Kay) Goodman House, 107 Robinhood Road, Asheville NC.